We love recipes we can whip up with in a jiffy with ingredients found in every pantry; like this quick and simple chicken curry that turns your average curry powder into a rich and luxurious weeknight dinner.
What you'll need:
- 1kg boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs (about 4 breasts or 7 thighs), cut into 1" cubes
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Medella Meat Curry Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Medella Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup of coconut milk made from Medella Organic Coconut Cream Powder
- 1 (2 1/2") piece ginger, peeled
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow and/or black mustard seeds (optional)
- 5 ounces baby spinach
What you'll need to do:
- Toss chicken with Medella Meat Curry Powder, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Heat 2 Medella Organic Virgin Coconut Oil in a large skillet (at least 12" in diameter) over medium-high. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Combine the 2 tbsp of Medella Organic Coconut Cream Powder and 1 cup of warm water to make a rich concoction of coconut milk. Stir well. If you'd like a thicker consistency of coconut milk, adjust this ratio to taste.
- Purée coconut milk, ginger, and garlic in a blender until very smooth.
- Add chicken and coconut milk mixture to skillet and cook, tossing occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened, 7-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tsp. of Medella Coconut Cooking Oil in a small skillet over medium. Add cashews and mustard seeds and cook, stirring, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2–3 minutes. Immediately transfer mixture including the oil to a small bowl.
- Fold spinach into chicken mixture and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Divide among 4 bowls. Top with cilantro and cashew mixture, if using. Serve with rice or naan alongside.