Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells...
Christmas is a month away, and we're here to set you up with a Christmas gift that is guaranteed to a smile on the faces of your loved ones! So put on your apron and we'll see you in the kitchen!
What you'll need: Gingerbread cookies
3/4 cup of Medella Organic Coconut Flour
1/2 cup of Medella Coconut Cooking Oil (at room temperature)
1/2 cup of Medella Organic Coconut Sugar
3 tablespoons of molasses
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 cups of almond flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
2 teaspoons of ground ginger (ginger powder)
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon of salt
What you'll need: Icing
1 cup of powdered sugar
1 tablespoon of softened butter
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of coconut milk
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Farenheit. Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- Add Medella Coconut Cooking Oil, Medella Organic Coconut Sugar, molasses, eggs and vanilla extract into a large bow and mix with a spatula.
- Next, add in almond flour, Medella Organic Coconut Flour, baking soda, spices and salt. Mix it together until all the ingredients are combined well into a dough (You can get the kids involved by mixing the ingredients by hand too!). Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Place the the cookie dough in between 2 sheets of parchment paper on a flat, even surface. Roll out the dough using a rolling pin until approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Use Christmas-shaped cookie cutters of your choice to cut the dough and place it on your baking sheet about an inch apart. Bake it for 8-10 minutes.
- Once done, let the cookies cool down for 5 minutes on the baking tray then transfer it onto a cooling rack to cool.
- While waiting, you can proceed to make your icing to decorate. Mix the icing ingredients together in a medium sized bowl until smooth with a whisk (You may use an electric hand mixer if you have one).
- Place the icing in a piping bag and pipe away with your creative ideas. Once the icing hardens, it is ready to be served.
The measured ingredients makes 18 cookies. However, it may differ due to the size of the cookie cutter you are using.